Thread: Fleas!
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2002, 07:47 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

I totally recommend you go to the vet....and have the animal treated and follow up with Advantage once a month...I agree wholeheartedly with kimmyo

Treat your house as well....Borax is not a bleach...it's a multipurpose household cleaner and deodorizer.....and in some instances, used as a fungicide. Relatively high concentrations of boron compounds are toxic to insects, and borax is used for insect control in some cases.

I have always found the cheapest and most direct method of dealing with any insect, pest or vermin, is to speak to the professionals. In this case, the vet.....and if your house is infested, a professional exterminator. Check with your state agency as to the chemicals used, and do get a guarantee of elimination of infestation..... although you must treat your animals and put them on preventative.

Jeannie

"A hundred years from now, it will not matter the sort of house I lived in, what my bank account was, or the car I drove....but the world may be different because I was important in the life of the animals and the creatures on this earth."