View Single Post
Old 02-19-2007, 12:03 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Pippe had some real good ideas, too!
In my experience, the last two seats are usually reserved for the car attendants, but if they have saved those for passengers with babies, that is good, too! (I don't believe those have as much floor space as the front seat though)

Quote:
Are the showers only for those in sleeping cars?
Yes!
My advice, bring some of those thick, nice scented baby wipes because they clean EVERYWHERE!
With these, shampoo and conditioner, towels and washcloths ,deodorant, toothpaste, mouthwash and pretty scented lotion, I am able to clean up quite nicely on the train.
When you go to clean up, use the larger women's restrom. It has a little padded bench to put your clothes and toiletries on and two double sinks.
My Advice................EVERYONE goes downstairs to "Clean up" when they wake up in the morning and you will have to get in line and wait your turn.
I just comb my hair and brush my teeth but wait till the afternoon to go clean up and put fresh clothes on , you will have the bathroom all to yourself and not feel rushed.

When is your trip, Cathy? I just know you are going to love seening the west coast!~

hugs, train