View Single Post
Old 08-29-2002, 07:31 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Hi everyone. Just read stitcher 45 message and was glad to har from you. Sounds as tho you are busy. and you live in Des Moines. My grand daughter went to college there and I have a cousin in San Jose CA. Small world isn't it?? I live in ND down in the SE corner almost to SD. I am a widow and have two children, both married and seven grand children and one great-grandchild. Aren't they just the most fun?? I live in the country and it is on my son's farm which was a tree claim by my grandfather in 1889 before ND was a state and has been in the family ever since. I grew up on this farm and moved back about three years before I lost my husband so he and I had some quality time here in our mobile home. Glad we made the move when we did. I keep busy with all of the jobs that your "friends" find for you when you are retired and they think you need something to do.
I am a WW member, Legion Auxiliary member or which I am the Unit Girls state chairman, sec and any other jobs they need done. I am also a state chairman of the organization and have been since I was District president about seven years ago. So I keep busy. I love to quilt and do crafts of various kinds and travel. All for now. Marian in ND