View Single Post
Old 08-29-2002, 03:46 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Oh my I didn't realize it had been so long since I have been here to welcome all our new family members. I won't try to welcome each of you my name just please know that I am glad that each of you have decided to join us. It looks like we are getting more international all the time. So many of us have imigrated from other countries or still live there and via the cyber space are here with us. This is exiting to me since I have never been out of the USA and dream of someday seeing other parts of this wonderful world.

I see that there are also many crafters. we will most likely see each other on the craft forums. That is where I spend most of my time. I do a lot of dreaming there too. Thinking of things I would like to try myself. Right now I am working on things for My sister's Christmas boutique in San Jose Ca. I am hoping to go out there and help with it.

My DH and I have been married for 35 years in Dec. We have 2 DDs and 2 dgds. ! DD is single but has a signifcate other, 1 DD is divorced and she and one her girls live with me. The other dgd is in a group home. The dgd are 9 and 6. I am a SAHG and have cared for the dgd for moct of their lives. Something that I treasure very much. I am a retired teacher of hearing impaired children.

Well I didn't intend to tell mty life story but you will find that I tend to talk a lot. lol ;-)

A friend is one to whom one may pour out all the contents of one's heart, chaff and grain together, knowing that gentle hands will take and sift it, keep what is worth keeping and, with a breath of kindness, blow the rest away.