View Single Post
Old 11-09-2006, 06:29 AM
Five Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Thumbs up You on a diet! Here is how it works:

This book tells you the hormones and chemicals in the body that tell you if you are hungry or full. Sometimes, certain foods block the hormone that tells you you are full, and therefore, you keep eating. It explains how much of each type of exercise you need, and where it is okay to have fat -- and where it is not.
There are foods, like peanuts, that if you eat a few 10-15 minutes before you eat, your appetite goes down and you won't eat as much. Especially if you are famished, and are running around trying to get dinner ready because you are so hungry. IF you eat a handfull of peanuts, and take your time, you most likely will not overeat. I tried this this morning. I think it worked great. I was hungry before I left to pick my van up with my husband, but had no time to eat. I ate some peanuts on the way, by the time we got to the base, my hunger vanished! The only downside I see, is that I have been up for four and a half hours already and I haven't had breakfast yet.
Another part of the diet, is to eat right, you don't want to become Starved or you will overeat later. Just follow the signs of your body, and make sure you give it the right foods so your body gives you the right signals. In the book there are many quick foods that you can have on hand to help with cravings and certain things that go on.
It does address emotional eating and other problems that cause this. It also addresses health problems that come from being overweight, and the problems that can be fixed, and with what.

I hope this information has helped. If anyone wants the tape, they can have it after Chris, and then pass it on to the next person. The Oprah episode aired Thursday, November 2nd.

I know this is very basic, but it is what I got from the Oprah episode. I am still waiting on the book. I am so excited. Rachel