View Single Post
Old 11-04-2006, 11:20 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Location: Originally from the Home of the only 6 times Super Bowl Champs!
Stardust, I think that you have told me before but I forgot....where are you living north of Pitts? I miss Beaver Co. in the fact that their stores like GoodWill and the Salvation Army store in Beaver Falls was excellent for stuff like this at Christmastime.

I always had great luck finding jeans for my son when school started. One time, I found 5 pairs of Levis at GoodWill for $1.50 each! They were in great condition

I haven't been able to find anything great here in our GoodWill stores--plus their prices are going sky high- and they dont have any Salvation Army stores in our area.

I have been changing my mind about the contents of the box that we are sending my Mother for Christmas. She wants the latest edition of the BHG cookbook so I am thinking that I am going to use the idea above for making a recipe box for her too, filled with recipes that I use for my family and some that are geared for 1-2 people since she cooks for herself only most of the time. If I let my kids decorate the box, she will love it even more!

Visit my blogs **

Tami's Kitchen Table Talk

Simple, easy-to-cook family recipes
and lots of good conversation!

Join the Cookie Carnival!
On Hiatus

If you love baking cookies, join our group!