View Single Post
Old 11-03-2006, 01:23 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomom
Okay, I have a dumb question.

I have been thinking about learning to can, but I'm wondering -- does it really save money? If I canned store-bought vegetables or made store-bought fruits into jellies, would I still save money, or do you pretty much have to grow your own?
That's a really good question. I'm in the same position as my husband and I are caretakers for his grandmother at the moment. Where we are at there is next to no room to do much for growing of a garden so the next best thing is to by local produce or purchase it at the grocery store.

Luckily, there is one store which I go to frequently because I know the produce is fresh daily and have never had any issues with it. I have a few other questions regarding canning which I will put into another thread however I would like to know as well, does it really make a difference on the veggies/other if it is store bought or home grown when it comes to canning?