View Single Post
Old 09-09-2006, 08:27 AM
Nine Year Member

This is the 5th anniversary of 9/11. I also remember this day as if it were happening just now. I was watching Regis and Kelly when Dan Rather broke in with pictures of the first WTC bldg in smoke. I called my dh at work and told him about the odd thing and while I was on the phone the second plane came round the sky and building. That's when I said, Oh NO, nothing will ever be the same again. Life as we know it and the fear that this current generation is living with has now been realized.

I think of all the sci fi movies and wars they depict and think we are not so far into the past that those kinds of futures do not await us. If we think we are doing wrong by being at war, keep in mind that this is a most difficult war and difficult time for all, a war that we must develop new ways and methods of fighting. For right now we only know artillery and such, but that also will change. We will get more skilled at fighting these battles of the deceived minds and we will come to know how to fight evil in the hearts of men, perhaps and hopefully without loss of lives and destruction of cultures.

I too keep praying for a resolution to the power struggles and religious fervors that cause man to strike against man. I am thinking across all generations and all times, past present and future.

"God has not given us a spirit of fear; but of love, power, and a sound mind."