View Single Post
Old 10-08-2002, 04:39 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

What are you reading now?

Dear Friends: I recently volunteered at local Thrift Shop - we sold books galore, paperbacks were quite popular; however, we had customers who had different preferences. Only books that did not move were textbooks (college books). It did my heart good to see people browsing the books - I knew they loved to read as much as I did.

The books were economically priced, as long as all pages were there - they sold!! Some had to be discarded they were in such sad shape. Some collector items were there too!

Paperbacks went really well. Children's books also moved well. I myself found some real treasures, books I had wanted to buy a year or so back, felt I could not afford, I found and purchased for $1.00 - $2.00. Cookbooks moved well too! Gardening books moved well. Also, I picked up one of Dr. Phils books which at that time (several months ago) was on best seller list! Always mysteries moved rapidly.

The Thrift Shop money provides charitable donations throughout our community. Another place that might accept books in top condition, I would think are Veterans Hospitals - always call and check. Or even local Hospitals - good idea to call and check first.

Too, a good display at garage sales catches the eye - I've seen books priced from 10 cents to $5.00.

I believe in DONATING to these places.