Thread: Fibromyalgia
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2006, 03:06 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Fibro

I'm taking Guaifenisen for my fibro and it helps - doesn't cure, isn't 100%, but it **helps** a **lot**! Only problem is, if you take Guai, you can't use products with mint, aloe or other plant extracts in them. Can't take aspirin, either.
More detailed info at:
Fibromyalgia Treatment Center
http://www.fibromyalgiatreatment.com/

Other health problems that tend to go along with fibro are: hypoglycemia, irritable bowel syndrome, and chronic fatigue. the symptoms accomplnying hypoglycemia are often frightening - "fatigue, irritability, nervousness, depression, insomnia, flushing, impaired memory and concentration, anxieties, frontal or bitemporal headaches, dizziness, faintness or actual syncope, often blurring of vision, nasal congestion, ringing in the ears, numbness and tingling of the hands, feet or face, excessive gas, abdominal cramps, loose stools or diarrhea are frequent. many complain of leg or foot cramps." The thing is, those with hypoglycemia will experience any of these even when their blood sugar is normal! It's a chronic condition, and it takes about 7 - 10 days to begin see results from dietary changes. The minute you relax that diet, the symptoms come back. No fun!

I take no pain meds except on the worst of days - then I only take them at night. I don't take an antidepressant at this time - all of them have made me "dopey." But I've heard some really good things about Effexor, and may be looking into it sometime soon.

Hope this helps!

Cheerio!
Elizabeth