View Single Post
Old 09-22-2002, 10:06 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Lease,

We have alot of museums here in Pinellas The Dali,great expolrations[children's hands on museum] and Museumof fine Arts all in St. Petersburg. The St. Pete pier is fun to go to .

In Tampa we have the MOSI [museim of science and industry] Kids like that one. the Florida Aquarium amd my kid's and my favorite the Lowry Park Zoo.

clearwater has an aquarium on Clearwater Beach, Clearwater also has the Sun and Fun festival around May of each year. They have a parade that goes through downtown Clearwater.

In the Fall , just look in the paper and there is always something going on. In the Summer it is pretty quiet here since it is so hot and the snowbirds aren't around.

Also in Largo there is a park called Heritage Village. It is a interesting place to go if you want to know the history of the area. they have quite a few old buildings from all over the county like an old store,school, church. It's even free.

Tarpon Springs has the Sponge Docks. They have boat rides and a little shopping village. It's a fun place to learn about Greek heritage.

Most of the things I have mentioned do not cost that much, we also have Busch Gardens which is fun but very expensive. They do put on a special for an annual Florida resident pass which is a good buy even if you only go three times a year. Lots of roller coasters for the kids.

Hope this gives you some ideas.