View Single Post
Old 09-22-2002, 08:19 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

chuckle

ValerieM--

I had my heart set on the Hoover with the five rotating brushes for a very long time, but when I finally went to get one, and finding the brushes were so soft, I wondered if they rally would do a good job. I took time to look at the Bissell, and upon finding a stiffer-bristled roller brush thought that would do a better job, but wondered whether the roller would not do as well as the rotating bushes. Then, the longer I took looking at both I was so undecided, I kept going back and forth between them. I decided, finally, after 20 minutes of doing this, to try the Bissell. It cost $50.00 less than the Hoover. I would try it, and if I didn't care for it would return it for the Hoover. Well, I liked it so well, I am keeping it.

Back in 1971 I had bought a smaller, two-rotating-brush scrubber from Sears, with a dispenser, but nothing to suck up excess solution. It had two stiff brushes for bare floors, and two softer ones for carpeting. It did a fantastic job on the carpeting, and I used it for many years, then gave it to my daughter, who used it until the motor finally burned out. When I first had it I lived in a house with a basement which was tiled. It was used down there, too, but I had to mop up excess liquids. It did a good job on black heel marks, etc., and I loved it. It also had soft pads to attach for buffing waxed floors, so that was handy for the basement floor as well. The floor looked so good afterward.

Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Cry, and you cry alone.