View Single Post
Old 09-17-2002, 07:58 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Sorry I disappeared for awhile

My dh had what we thought was a heart attack. At least that is what the emergency room people told us. But later when the cardiologists got involved they said it was not technically a heart attack even though the enzyme tests were slightly elevated. But they said he had an 80% blockage of a major artery.

He had an angioplasty with a stent and is now recovering at home. He is missing a few days of work but he needs to rest and heal. We are so thankful it wasn't any worse. God is so merciful.

Needless to say, I was very preoccupied for a while. The family was calling constantly and I was trying to do my job in little chunks of time between going to the hospital and talking on the phone.

Maybe we can get back to normal now. I have to figure out some ways to change his diet. I have no trouble eating right myself but he doesn't appreciate healthy food. I just hope this experience was an eye-opener for him.

I think it was Charles Swindoll who wrote a book once called "The Seasons of Life." I guess this is what goes along with the season of life we are in now.

Blessings on you all, and I'll try to catch up soon

Patty