View Single Post
Old 09-17-2002, 11:31 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Stacy-- I was not sure how I would do either, but you just have to "go for it"! Trust me, some things will not look very pretty at first, but you just keep practicing, and you will see things improve over time. Like anything else, it takes time and practice to get better.

I tend to be hard on myself, and want it perfect the first time. I have 3 small children 4 yrs. and under, so I don't have a lot of spare practice time. The 7 times I have sat down to paint so far have usually been late at night or in the wee hours of the AM. I have just had to grit my teeth, and start a project even though it will not turn out perfect or how I would like it to be ideally. I just don't have the time to sit around practicing on paper all day, so if I ever want to paint anything on a surface, I just have to DO it.

Go ahead, get out the videos and just watch some of them a few times over before you start. Watch the position of her brush, how hard she pushes, etc. Then get out the kits and get started--do it for the fun of it! No one's painting is going to look just like Donna's--make it your own!! You'll be glad you started!!

By the way, where in PA are you located? I am near Binghamton, NY (upstate) which is just above the northern PA border in the Finger Lake region.