View Single Post
Old 03-08-2006, 09:06 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

In 1968 my husband was 6 ft and weighed 140 lbs at 22 yrs old, only 5 pounds more than me and I was 5'6". I was concerned so I took him to the doctor to find out how to put some weight on him.

The doctor did a complete health work up and when the results came back he told me to feed him healthy food and not to worry at all about his weight.

The doctor said he was healthy and putting on extra pounds actually might put his health in danger.

My husbands father and aunt were tall and slim. My 2 sons took after their father as well as my 13 yr old grandson, 8 yr old grandaughter and 3 yr old grandaughter.

We have been acused of not feeding these children well, but the doctor says they are healthy and it is just how God made them, they are fine.

Do check with your doctor before you start force feeding yourself. Your health is more important than your weight.

Love & Prayers,
Linda
May God give you for every storm, a rainbow, for every tear, a smile, for every care, a promise, and blessing in each trial, for every problem life sends, a faithful friend to share, for every sigh, a sweet song, and an answer for each prayer.
~An Irish Blessing