View Single Post
Old 02-13-2006, 07:25 AM
Welcome Wagon Moderator

Remember that once you are married, more problems will come to surface. So, make sure this is what you want.

I remember taking these child development classes when I had a day care center when I was young. I learned one thing from them that worked ever so well with my kids. I told them to only pick up the toys and things that they wanted to keep. Only make their beds if they wanted to sleep in the sheets and blankets the following night. Then, when I was doing housework, I would take a box and pick up sheets that were not made and toys that weren't pick up. THey would cry and beg for them back. Then, I would make a deal with them. If they kept their rooms clean for 2 days (or whatever you think is fair) then they could earn 2 toys back. This helped make my kids responsible as well. If I picked up their messes, then they were mine. If may sound harsh, but after a short period of time, we didn't fight anymore. All I had to do was say, "I about to clean house." They knew they'd better take care of their business or I would. Good luck!