View Single Post
Old 09-10-2002, 09:34 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

HI! everyone.

I have been working on reading A Garden to Keep by Jamie Langston Turner. It is very good but one of the hardest books I have ever read. Her writing style is so different. I don't know if it is just this book because the main character is supposed to be writing this book as she examines her marriage and tries to figure out how to put her life back together after she finds out that her husband is having an affair. I don't think I have ever had a book that I was seriously reading take over 2 weeks to read. It isn't a long book only 400+ pages. I am enjoying it most of the time. She does a lot of soul schearching.

I am also so reading A Walk to Remeber and a couple others that I pick up when I have just a couple minutes to read.

All the books everyone is sharing sound like such good books. I think I need to take a vacation somewhere that has a huge porch where I could set and read all day. I wouldn't need to do anything except read. Wouldn't that be a great vacation sometime???

A friend is one to whom one may pour out all the contents of one's heart, chaff and grain together, knowing that gentle hands will take and sift it, keep what is worth keeping and, with a breath of kindness, blow the rest away.