View Single Post
Old 09-10-2002, 09:17 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Forgetting

Warning!! I got rather wordy and rambling in this post. Don't feel you have to read all of it. I guess if someone doesn't like it they can delet the whole thing.

I am so glad to hear that others have trouble with remembering names and words. It upsets me when I can't remeber how to spell a simple word. The other day I couldn't think how to spell love. I felt so stupid. My dh tries to help by making light of the forgetfulness and also by reminding me of all the meds I'm on and how they can effect your mind in many ways. It just really gets to me though.

Yes, Linda I have been having a rough time and didn't want to make contact with anyone. It also hurt to type so I avoided the computer for about 2 weeks. I'm am stil hurting and the depression has been atruggle but I am holding my own right now.

We have had a month of very stressful things happening. My dd who lives with us started nurses trainiing ( she has been out of school for about 10 years so it was stressful for her to get started and it effected me. I had to have my little kitten put to sleep and that has thrown me for a loop, The same dd has found out that she has to have surgery on her knee right away and this week she has started having severe pain in her lower left side. Thought that it was an ovarian cyst that was ready to burst. She has had a gamit of test and they find nothing, she is going to see her doctor again tomorrow morning and she is going to demand that he do something because she just can't deal with the pain any longer. It is effecting her ability to study and she has about 5 hours of homework every night. we also place our grd#1 into a treatment center for kids with behavioral and emotional problems. In order to get the treatment paid for we had to sign her over to the state as a foster child or a childin need of assistance -CHINA -that was the hardest thing I have ever done - it was even harder than when our daughter realized that she couldn't care for this grd when she was a tiny baby because our dd was so very sick after she gave birth. Her kidneys shut down and it took a long time for her to get over that. Anyway she placed grd#1 in our care for over 2 years.

Boy am I being wordy and telling more than you really care to know. Sometimes I think I just need to tell someone else what is going through my mind. To top all this over one of the 6 cats we have here now gave birth to 3 dear little ones 8 weeks ago and she has got progressively sicker ever since. I took her to the vet yesterday and the cat had a very high fever and a high white count. They think that her uterus has an infection and neds to come out imediatly. Of course we don't have the money to pay for it but it has to be done. With her needing this surgery and our dd facing 2 surgeries. I gues there went my trip to Calf in Nov out the window. I am just sick over that.

I should just erace all this but maybe it need it to be posted even if no one wants to read it.

May God's blessings shine down o each of you.

Sandy

A friend is one to whom one may pour out all the contents of one's heart, chaff and grain together, knowing that gentle hands will take and sift it, keep what is worth keeping and, with a breath of kindness, blow the rest away.