View Single Post
Old 01-09-2006, 09:56 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Could it be that the doctors don't have anymore answers and now she is turning to us in hopes of finding the wisdom that is handed down from mother to daughter over the generations?

My doctor says the reason we have "old wive's tales" is because the "old" women knew the information was important to remember.

Years ago my husband had stomache problems. He and the doctor tried everything. The doctor knew I believed in the old treatments and suggested I check with the older women in my husband's family.

We asked his mom and were told to use an old fashioned hot water bottle. It helped him to sleep but still didn't fix the problem.

His dad said there was something in the bible about stomache problems. We went to the bible and found Luke 5:23. After 3 nights he was fine and the problem didn't came back for over a year. When it did come back he knew what to do.

I'm sure she has seen doctors over the years, she is a parent who seems to care about her child. I hope she comes back and lets us know how her son is doing. I pray she has found an answer to his problem.

Love & Prayers,
Linda
May God give you for every storm, a rainbow, for every tear, a smile, for every care, a promise, and blessing in each trial, for every problem life sends, a faithful friend to share, for every sigh, a sweet song, and an answer for each prayer.
~An Irish Blessing

Last edited by lindaljh1; 01-09-2006 at 10:21 AM.