View Single Post
Old 08-28-2002, 01:22 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Must See Places!!!

I have dreamed for YEARS of visiting New York City!!! One of these days I am going to make it out there if we ever get all our bills paid!! LOL!!!

I am a huge Amtrak fan and love to travel by train. I have been on all of the routes except 2...one of them being New York...I HAVE been to Upstate NY on the train...absolutely beautiful!!! I spent a week in Rhinebeck on a retraet at Omega Holistic center...

Anyways, to you native New Yorkers out there, can you please tell me the "Must See's" of New York City? And any advice as far as best time to visit there, etc... Besides seeing all the touristy places I also like little, out of the way, hole in the wall sorts of places too! I LOVE coffeehouses, bookstores, candy, beautiful architecture...especially churches, parks...and have heard that NY has the best hotdog vendors in the world!!!
I always travel cheap...I just have a coach seat on the train and carry my own food...I plan on staying at a hostel in NY...If I wait till I have money for a Hotel in NY I will be 90 years old!!!

Thanks for any advice you can give me!
Peace,the trainlady