FamilyCorner.com Forums - View Single Post - Managing time
Thread: Managing time
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2005, 05:14 AM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

time

Once in a while I would put something in my crockpot. When we get home they do their chores on the list, and then we eat. Sometimes, I would set the timer to 15minutes and when the timer rings it means we have to move to next thing on the list. This is whether they are finish or not. I kept reminding them more eating and less eating. We are not really into salad, but I know the children would really like the hot rolls.

They both can read; except, my oldest has a habit of reading a word which is not the correct word. For example, the word “leader” he might read it as “lake” and then he continue to read without asking me what the word was. So, I really have to look at the paper while my oldest read his reading story.

Review time in the morning is a great idea, but what if half of the problems of my oldest homework in math were wrong, and especially if the math problems have sentence problem? This is where our time get all used up. He always tried to do his homework fast and indeed up making so many mistakes. Then when he sees me erasing his wrong answers he gets all cranked. I tried explaining why he needed slow down, but it’s not going through to him.

Also, I like clean paper. I cannot leave my oldest son with his homework alone, or he will answer everything and half would be wrong. Then, I would have to erase all the wrong answers because when he erased the wrong answers the paper is just not clean enough for me. When he erased the wrong answer he does not erased it where when his first answer was one and the correct answer was zero and then when he put in the correct answer, now the answer looked like ten.

So, 30minutes with my oldest son’s math homework seems like five minutes.