View Single Post
Old 10-10-2005, 08:37 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Increasing Income

Does anyone have any tips how to increase existing income? - I don't need tips on being frugal. I am as frugal as I can be. Erie PA is a dying city when it comes to jobs. My husband works in a Plastic shop, as a third shift lead person. His company has given all employees a pay freeze since 9-11. He does not have a college degree. I have a bachelors degree in Computer Science/Business. I've worked for a computer business for 19 year now. My last raise (only .55/hour) was 1.5 yrs ago, and it was the first since April of 2000. We do not have the time or money to attend classes. We live pay-check-to-paycheck. My expertise is computer pogramming and technology is limited because my job duties included mainly of a programming language that is now out-dated. What I do mainly now is support our customers on the software our company develops and create reports. It is hard to find another company that will pay me more.
Has anyone come up with a way to earn extra money? I've looked in to those work at home options, but they appear to be scams. I don't want to make calls to get people to "join". Any ideas on how to find a new job that pays well ($15+/hour)?