View Single Post
Old 08-16-2002, 01:36 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

I'm a sandwich person, but I try to take a healthly lunch most days. I use whole wheat bread, spread a light mixture of mayo and mustard, add swiss cheese, lettuce, tomato, cucumber slice and shredded carrots - believe it or not, it is a great combination. Instead of potato chips, I cut up radishes and celery to eat along with my sandwich. Sometimes, I'll include some pretzel sticks as an added treat. For dessert, it's fresh fruit, canned fruit, or applesauce.
My other favorite sandwich is peanut butter, cheddar cheese and lettuce. (ya gotta love peanut butter). The other veggies are cut up to eat on the side instead of chips.
When I make chicken salad for sandwiches, I add shredded carrot, shredded radishes, shredded cucumber, and cut up onion and celery to the chicken. I also use a combination of bottled coleslaw dressing, mayo and relish for the dressing.
Even if your dh doesn't like all of these veggies, a combination of items gives a different flavor and taste even to the most mundane sandwich.