View Single Post
Old 08-03-2002, 09:43 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Hi Y'all....*s*
Over more than 25 years of dog breeding and dogs, I've been through just about every brand of dog food....and...I've cooked for dogs as well.

At the moment, I feed Flint River Ranch dog food. It's a premium food that come delivered to the house by UPS in a full 40 lbs...

* Fresh from the oven to your door
* All-Natural human quality ingredients (i.e.human quality chicken that is hormone free, range fed lamb, and human quality grains)
* No By-Products (no feet, heads, intestines or feathers)
* No chemical preservatives such as Ethoxyquin, BHA & BHT
* No artificial colors or flavors
* Great taste, oven baked for easy digestion
* Concentrated. Costs less to feed. Less stool cleanup.
* Convenient-no more heavy bags to carry home

The secret to Flint River Ranch's great nutrition is how many nutrients are present in the pet food and how efficiently thay are utilized when digested.

http://www.feedmypet.com/index.html

It's not cheap, but compared to the others it's not that much more. I've had excellent results....and you feed less because it's high quality. They have a few formulas depending on your dog.

The food is sold through distributors and this one, the addy I posted, is the best one I've found, and I've tried a few.

I'd like for all of you to go read comparisons of dog food...and how grocery brand foods are made.....and this is info is NOT from Flint River Ranch.....

http://home.hawaii.rr.com/wolfepack/

I strongly you suggest you read all the articles on this site if you have a dog...

There are a few rare dogs that can have table food mixed into their dog food and still eat just dog food if no table food is added.
What has to be understood is table food is not scraps...it's what you would feed one of your kids....actually that's what we do. Our dog will eat the dog food or dog food mixed with table food. I've had several like that.... but when you do that you have to cut back on the dog food...no more table food than a small child's portion. Most times it's about 1/2 cup total of what we are eating.
I've given him sardines and he loves them ( in vinegar ! *laughs)

We bake our own dog biscuits....much cheaper, more wholesome, and I haven't met a dog that doesn't like them. I'll post the recipe in another post....

Of the pet store brands of food....I would go with Nature's recipe...

If you must go supermarket...pedigree...although i shudder at supermarket foods....they are mostly ...well...please go read the articles.

I'm attaching a picture of our dog...he was just 11 months when this was taken. He's a red sable.
If y'all want to talk about this or have questions...send me an email or post here...
[email protected]

Jeannie
Attached Images

Last edited by Jeannie; 08-03-2002 at 09:56 AM.