View Single Post
Old 08-03-2002, 07:58 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

I have 2 shep/mix girls. I feed them Avo-Derm which is made by Breeder's Choice. Once in awhile I give them Natural Balance.
The rule of thumb is to look at the ingredients on the can. The first items listed is what there is the most of. Avo Derm has the following items...chicken, chicken broth, brown rice, ocean fish, flax, carrots, potatoes, avocado oil lecithin, dried kelp, and then all the added stuff. I grabbed a can of beef formula Natural Balance and the first ingredients are: beef, beef broth, carrots, oat bran, brown rice, potatoes, canola oil and then the rest of the added stuff.
I recommend Avo-Derm because it really makes their coat shiny and healthy. I think it's the avocado oil.
My girls won't eat lamb. I also put ppl food on top ....grated cheese, cottage cheese, tuna, salmon, chicken....whatever we are eating they get a little bit of. Spoiled girls.
Also.....if your dog has a tummy ache my vet recommends oatmeal. He says oatmeal is good for everyone.
They get a carrot most every night. I just wash it off and cut off the top and bottom. It cleans the tartar off their teeth.