View Single Post
Old 02-13-2002, 08:37 AM
FamilyCorner Junkie

Well, now I don't feel so bad lol! It's nice to know I'm not the only one this stuff happens to.

Our "regular" budget for the four of us (2 adults, a 4yo, and a toddler that eats as much as an adult) is about $150 a month. I spend more occassionally when there's a good sale, but then I don't have to buy it again for a while, so it kind of balances out. I keep it at this amount by shopping at several different stores (I buy my canned goods at sav-a-lot, milk at Costco, dry beans at Walmart, etc.). It's not too hard--all the stores are 20 miles away so we make a day trip of it lol! The store in town here is fairly expensive, so I only buy the sale items there, unless I run out of something I need NOW. (Cheaper to spend 2.29 on hamburger buns than drive 40 miles to get a pack for .50). My dh also works 60 miles away, so he stops on is way home if there's a sale somewhere--I just make a list and give him the coupons. And a warning "NOTHING ELSE!!!!"--he is an impulse shopper and will blow the budget if allowed to shop on his own lol.