View Single Post
Old 03-19-2005, 01:11 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Some really good snacks:

Bacon Dogs

Take either all beef hot dogs or the little weiners and wrap uncooked bacon around each one. For the little ones, I cut each bacon slice into 3 or 4. Then place these on cookie sheet lined with foil. Bake on 350 til the bacon is crisp. These are really good either with a slice of cheese on top or dipped in cheese or I bet they'd be good with ranch dip.

Cheese Sticks

I took those cheese ropes or sticks and froze them. Then when I was ready to fix them, I took them out for about 5-10 mins. I cut each one in 1/2 then dipped them in an egg wash then rolled them in hot & spicy crushed pork rinds. Fry them in hot oil just til rinds are crispy. Don't fry too long or the cheese will melt and make sure that they are coated completely. You could also you the Atkins bake mix and add some seasoning. My favorite is the mozzarella sticks but you could any hard cheese!!!

Pepperoni Chips

Thinly slice pepperoni ( I like the really big slices cause they will shrink)
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. (or you can nuke them)
Lay the pepperoni slices in a single layer on a baking sheet and bake for 8 to 10 minutes.

Remove the pan from the oven and soak up the excess grease by pressing paper towels against the pepperoni chips. Return the pan to the oven and bake an additional 2 to 4 minutes, until the pepperoni slices are very crispy.

Serve as a snack anytime or use in place of crackers for dipping or for topping with your favorite cheese! They'll stay fresh and crispy for 1 to 2 days if you store them in an airtight container.

**right b4 they get really crispy, top with shredded mozzarella cheese and bake again til cheese melts!!!
** These are really good dipped in ranch, too!!!

More in a minute!! Gotta fix the kids dinner

Pampered Chef Senior Consultant
Stacia's Kookin Korner

http://www.pamperedchef.biz/staciaskookinkorner

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord,"plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11