View Single Post
Old 03-16-2005, 10:54 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Chris posted something this morning that got me thinking.
She was saying that it was "not frugal" for her to refill her allergy prescription.
I think it all depends on how you define "frugal."

I also take prescription allergy medication (Clarinex). I take this medicine year-round and I have to say that in the time I have been taking it, I have been sick much less often. My doctor thinks that I get bad colds or whatever on top of my allergy symptoms and that makes everything seem worse. But using the prescription means that I spend less money on doctor visits, other prescriptions and over-the-counter stuff to medicate my symptoms, and my DH spends less money on fast food when I am absolutely not well enough to make dinner for the family.
So for me, the $17 or so per month I spend on the Clarinex is absolutely money well spent. I consider it frugal for me to use my allergy medicine as I am supposed to, because this small expense now prevents bigger ones later.

Bottom line--Chris, don't feel guilty about filling that Allegra! It keeps you healthy and that's the best thing you can do for yourself.

I have only one thing to say to Leasmom--where the HECK do you get your energy? You are always doing or fixing or learning something....I really admire that!