View Single Post
Old 07-29-2002, 07:01 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Gina:

The chicken I bought fit in my crockpot with the breast side up (same way you bake them).

No - that seasoning does not at all taste fishy. It's base I think is red pepper, paprika, salt, pepper and I'm not sure what else. If you take a big mouthful it's pretty spicy but really good flavoring on the meat and if you eat the seasoning in moderation, it won't over power you, if you know what I mean.

My oldest boy, James, eats it on most everything. I don't find it tastes very good on red meats but it does real well with white meats and fish of any kind. I use it with crab cakes that I make and if you've ever had crab cakes you have probably had Old Bay. There are very few places that don't use Old Bay in their crab cakes.

I also use Nature's Seasoning on chicken and any other white meat. That's a good one that doesn't have any "kick", no red pepper in it all. You could use it if you can't find the Old Bay or if you don't like it.

Hope this helps.

I'm off to snooze land....

Shelly