View Single Post
Old 07-29-2002, 09:34 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

I love my crockpot and have dinner cooking in it right now.

I have three super easy, cheap recipes for the crock pot.

1. Put in a hunk of roast beef - doesnt' matter what kind or what cut. Put two cans of stewed tomatoes over the top and turn the pot on. (My crockpot has a "auto shift" setting and I use this setting for my roasts. It cooks for a couple of hours on high then reduces it to low and stays there until I shut it off.)

2. Put a whole fryer chicken in (after removing giblets and rinsing) and add 3 tablespoons of Old Bay Seasoning and 2 teaspoons pepper (almost any combination of seasoning I think would work). NO WATER is added. Cook on low for 8 hours. This is easy and wonderful - the meat just falls off the bone.

3. (tonight's dinner). Get 3 pounds brisket (very cheap cut of beef), cut it in half so it will fit in the pot. Put one half in the pot. Then in a bowel mix one cup ketchup, 1/4 cup grape jelly, one package onion soup mix and 1 tsp pepper. Spread half of this mixture over the brisket in the pot. Put the other half of the brisket in and spread the remaining mixture over it. Cook on low for 8-10 hours. Serve with the juice (like a gravy but not very thick). This is sooooo good!!! I never have any leftover unless I really cook alot of it.

There are alot of recipes out there, even dessert recipes so have fun exploring and enjoy.

Shelly