Thread: Birdhouse theme
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2002, 08:06 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

I think the birdhouses and sunflowers will go great together! What colors will be involved?

How about getting some wooden birdhouses, paint in the desired colors, glue on some moss, and some silk sunflowers, etc. A border with birdhouses or sunflowers, it could be up near the ceiling or chair rail height. . . or a sunflower garland around the top. A sunflower swag over any doorways--you could even take a eucalyptus swag and just hot glue on a small birdhouse in the center with raffia bow behind and some sunflower spray on each side of the swag. . . Straw hat decoration with sunflowers around and birdhouse craft ribbon for the bows (You could probably even make your own ribbon by cutting strips from fabric with birdhouses on it).

Here is a wild idea--a picket fence and put up on one wall with sunflower garland on it or sunflower sprays stapled (?) to it, a straw hat hanging on it, a birdhouse on a post standing beside it, etc. It all depends on the style you want to portray, wall space, etc.

These are just a few ideas I can think of right away. If I think of any more, I will let you know. Let us know how it turns out--post pictures if you are able! Sounds like fun! ;-)