View Single Post
Old 07-23-2002, 01:16 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Had an outing with grd

Yesterday I took my grd out from the shelter and we spent the afternoon together. It went very well. Last week her Mother took her out for a day and it ended up with grd loosing all priviages for 72 hours.

She seems to be so far away most of the time but yesterday she was able to carry on a couple short conversations. She asked about things at home which she hadn't even mentioned since she went to the shelter. she would sayshe wanted to go with us but never said I want to go home.

I wish things would move a little faster so that we could get her settled into the facility before it is time for school to start. She may be going to the facitly for just day treatmnent soon and that will help. They moved her from the nursery area to the next age level and now she is having group several times a week.

Hope things are going well with everyone else. It is so hard to carryone with this but having each other to share it is such a big help to me at least.

A friend is one to whom one may pour out all the contents of one's heart, chaff and grain together, knowing that gentle hands will take and sift it, keep what is worth keeping and, with a breath of kindness, blow the rest away.