View Single Post
Old 07-22-2002, 06:05 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Hi danstigerangel

It looks like our girls do have some things in common. My story with my ex is quite unusual and also a long one... I sometimes feel bad about my daughter not having a "real" family, but it would have been much worse if I had stayed in the marriage. He wasn't even really a decent dad to her when he was here. I give him every opportunity to see her whenever he wants and he has rarely even bothered to take advantage of that....

SOmetimes I think that maybe my daughter's rebelliousness and other nasty behavior is because she wants the attention and also because her father has not been a positive influence in her life. I think she may be looking for love from any guy that will give it to her.... Like I said I am not happy at all about her having sex with her boyfriend but at least they have been using condoms. I just wish she would wait on the sex and share it with someone who treats her well and really cares for her.
Anyway, like you my mind is still reeling too.... Teenage daughters are very tough to deal with... Hopefully we will all make it through this rough time and there will be a light at the end of the tunnel.

Take care