View Single Post
Old 07-22-2002, 07:32 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Teenagers and sex

Hi

I am also recently found out that my 16 1/2 yr old daughter was having sex with her boyfriend of 2 1/2 months... I can't say that I am at all happy about the situation..but at least they are using condoms.. It is also probably time to take her to get birth control pills. We had a talk about it when I did find out and I told her I wasn't happy with it, but at least they were being responsible. I just feel as if she should not have gotten into having sex so early into the relationship because many teenage guys are out for only one thing. I am not too crazy about her boyfriend either.. he is ok but I don't think he treats her as well as he should. Many times she is upset with him because he doesn't give her the attention she deserves. Maybe it is the nature of the 17 1/2 yr old boy to behave as he does, but I told her that if he doesn't treat her with respect and shape up that she should dump him.
I really feel that much of her problem with relationships with guys stems from her relationship with her father. We have been apart for 5 years and he hardly ever bothers to talk with her or spend time with her. Most of the contact has been of her doing. I just think that she is so desparate to have male approval that she thinks that sex is the only way to get it. Maybe I am wrong, I don't know..... Anyone have any input on this?