View Single Post
Old 01-05-2005, 04:51 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

OOOOOOOOOOOO--so many yummy looking recipes have popped up since I last logged on!! Which to try first?

I love jambalaya. When I was in college I had the opportunity to spend a few days in Louisiana (Thibodeaux) at a student conference, and the dining hall had Cajun food at every meal. It was great!!! My family isn't into the spicy stuff, though. Maybe I'll see if I can make a small batch and freeze it, and then I can have it for lunches anytime I want.

Used my Christmas money to buy *another* roaster....Amazon had the 6-qt roasters on sale at a great price and free shipping and it arrived yesterday. So today I will be taking it on its maiden voyage--slow cooking a pot roast, with mushrooms and onions. I'll serve it over Luke's favorite, "woodles."

Tomorrow I will be cooking a turkey with stuffing. We'll have it for dinner and all the rest will be sliced up to serve at the kids' birthday party on Saturday. Turkey is great in a buffet; all you have to do is put some chicken broth in the bottom of the buffet pan to keep the meat moist. We're also having meatballs and baked ziti. I cooked the meatballs yesterday and will make the sauce tomorrow.

I have to get started on some of the turkey stuff today....first I will wash and brine the turkey. Luckily Mother Nature is cooperating; it's going to be around 40 degrees for the next day or so, which means that the turkey in its brine bucket will be just fine on the back porch. Then I have to open up 2 loaves of bread and set them on racks to get stale so I can make stuffing.