View Single Post
Old 07-20-2002, 12:35 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Hi! I had always wanted to try tole painting also, since I was in junior high or so, but never had the chance to learn. I saw Donna Dewberry a couple months ago on the local PBS television channel for half hour one Saturday AM and figured it looked like ONe Stroke was the way to try starting to teach myself. So far I have gathered all the materials I need including a few books, a video, all the brushes, and quite a bit of paint (I got some off of ebay). I have only sat down with it one time so far, however, and did OK, but definitely need to practice. I had only done the ivy leaves and the rose buds. I tried a quick bouquet of rosebuds on my own also. That was in an hour or less, and I have not done any since. I want to do some more again, once I finish some of the sorting and house projects I have going on here right now. I also have 3 children: Thomas 4 yrs., Cassandra 2 1/2 yrs, and Candida 8 months, so they keep me busy too! I will have to let you all know if I get started again, and how it goes. I am really excited about it--I like the fact of the one stroke instead of having to switch colors for shading, etc.!!