View Single Post
Old 07-18-2002, 07:51 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

Marchelle,

Neutral colors are great for resale value, just spruce up the place as best as you can.

When I first moved in here, I painted all the paneling a white color, it is only now, after 10 years I am looking at color and wood. haha

I painted my dining room a pastel green, very light (almost mint) and I have white trim. My dining set is dark wood, and it all looks great. I liked the color so much I painted my computer room area, its across from the dining room, no doors, the same and I have light wood there. It looks great!

I had to pull up all my carpeting due to allergies. Now I am replacing it will a wood type tile, all the same for all rooms except the bath and the bedroom still has carpet.(it will go soon) I wanted wood floors but too much money for me and I use cash only.

I redid my whole kitchen last year, I put up pine tongue and groove strips and left it natural, it looks like a light honey color and I have white lace valances for curtains and mini blinds when I need more privacy, or to keep the afternoon sun out to keep the house cooler.

Now all I have left is the 2 bedrooms, haven't decided what I want. I have been looking for a new bedroom set and everything is way too big for my tiny room. I am thinking of painting it a light robin egg blue color and I have 2 white brick walls in there...haven't figured it all out yet and I also need a new window! That is slowing up the process.

My sons room need a new window and it has an outside acess door that we want to get rid of. Alot of work in there. We loves a rustic room so we are going to put pine wood in there and run it sideways to give his room a log cabin look. He has pictures of wolves in frames on one wall. So we will stay with the woodsy look in there.

I browse thru alot of magazines I get from people who no longer wnat them and then I can tear out ideas I like and put them in a folder and see if I still like it when I am ready to start my next project.

Chat with you later,
janet