View Single Post
Old 07-16-2002, 04:43 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Hello,

I had the same trouble in my bedroom and I had tried several things. Yes, you can do joint compound but that would take a lot of work. There is a wallpaper type lining on the market that is supposed to be great. It is a heavy white cardboard type stuff that you put up and then wall paper over it. I tried this on a small area and it worked.

What I landed up doing was priming the paneling with a primer and then I painted it. Beleive it or not, it turned out quite nice. I used a vanilla color and then stencilled on the corners.

Have you considered taking the panelling down? If you do, PLEASE do a corner area first to check. Sometime people glue them to the wall. This happened in what is now my daughters room. What a mess. We had to re-sheet rock the WHOLE room. not a run job.

If you go the painting route there are many things that can be done. Why not make it a mural, outline a design and paint it. All I suggest is if you do paint, make sure you use a brush in the grooves then roll over the rest. I did my room all by myself (1 coat primer, 2 coats of paint) when dh worked.

Good Luck and let us know how you make out !