View Single Post
Old 07-15-2002, 04:26 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Sorry I haven't replied

I am soory that It has taken me so long to get back to everyone and help with encouragement. Our Grandaughter went over the top last week and it has been a VERY stressful time since then. I woke up to find that she had run away. After calling the police and hunting for her for all morning we finally found her. She had done aome vandalizing of a garage down the street and had done other things while she was gone. I took her immediately to the mental hospital where she goes. They kept her for several days (6) and when they were about ready for her to leave I told them that I felt that it was not safe to have her in our home again right now. I was not able to keep her under control and keep the reat of us safe also. even though we locked her in her room every night she managed to get out.

She went to an emergency shelter for youth and will stay there until Aug 8th. I pray that by then she will have a place to go at the facility for behaviora problem children. It is a good place and i think it is the on;y place we can hope that she will get the help she so desperately needs.

I went to see her last night and she is so far off in her own world that she hardly knoew we were there. when she first saw US she acted like she was happy to see usbut it wasn't long before she was up wondering aimlessly around. It broke my heart. She seems to be getting worse so fast right now. is that normal from what the rest of you havve seen or is it just that she is going through so much right now?

I appreciate that all of you have been so willing to share your stories with me.

May you load be lighter by walking this road together.

A friend is one to whom one may pour out all the contents of one's heart, chaff and grain together, knowing that gentle hands will take and sift it, keep what is worth keeping and, with a breath of kindness, blow the rest away.