Thread: Cub Scouts
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2004, 09:02 PM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Hi everyone!

I haven't posted in a while because I have been so busy doing scout stuff. Our pack calendar was full for the month of October!

Went to Cub 'n Partner campout 2 weekends ago and had a blast. Our pack had 17 families there. We did all kinds of outdoor cooking. We made grilled cheese sandwiches on our tin can stoves, dutch oven cobbler, hobo dinners in the fire, baked brownies in a cardboard box, and made omletes in ziplock bags. The boys earned lots of beltloops. After a huge campfire program Sat. night we got up Sun. morning and had a worship service at the outdoor chapel on the lake. It was a beautiful ceremony and the scenery was breathtaking. Fall colors at their peak. After that we went on a 2 mile hike broke camp and headed for home. A 2.5 hour drive. I was exhausted!

Last weekend was our Cubmobile Race. It started at 7:30 am and ended at 12:30 pm. There were some really neat cars. Our pack won third place. The boys had a ball. They really love racing those cars.

Pack meeting was tonight. Had lots of awards to give out and my den put on a magic trick show. They did a great job.

Musicmom.....I don't know of any Thanksgiving plays or skits but if I run across anything I'll let you know.

Happpy Scouting!

Kelly