View Single Post
Old 10-28-2004, 02:04 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Very nice job Deb...I use to make for my kids but they weren't as nice of a job as yours but the kids always liked them.
I was trying to save 5 or 6 bucks per child now the store costumes are really skimpy and cheap looking and cost so much. Making them is nice. Do you save them from year to year and trade with other friends . That's what I did.After the kids grew up I got rid of a lot of the little kids ones but I should have kept them for the grandkids what a hoot that would of been. I do have a BIG box or two of hats noses, nails, teeth,ears, body parts and costumes and wigs. all the plastic stuff gets washed in bleach at the end of season and I was what can be ...spray a few things...it is a neat thing to do. I remember I made a "I dream of jeanie" costume for my dd out of a sheer curtain and a velvet vest I got from the good will. I made puffy sleeves and sewed them onto the vest and then made a gathered pair of pants out of some ...put elastic in top of the pants and bottom of each leg...and mad a veil with elastic to hook over ears. she wore a pink pair of tights under the pants and a tee shirt under the vest..think it was first grade....loved that costume...maybe I see if I can find a pic.
Sorry i "talked" so much...but those costumes triggered a lot of memories.....THANKS so much dearheart.