View Single Post
Old 10-21-2004, 08:23 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

I think sometimes or in some instances they are going a little to far. I just found out that a law just passed that children up to 8 have to be strapped in a car seat. I just can't imagine an 8 yr old in a car seat.

But sometimes you see people that have their dog in their lap while they are driving, I think that is a little too much. But I don't agree with this at all. I don't think some of the so called safety measures are working in some cases anyway. Just look at the number of people that were stuck in their seatbelt and couldn't get out, I would hate to be in a accident and be unable to unstrap them, I just can't bear the thought. I know I was in an accident in 97 and the airbag got me and then the seat belt malfunctioned. Are these belts tested in different situations? Just makes you wonder. I guess they are not getting enough money on seatbelt tickets and they have raised the fine so high, that they can't raise it anymore, so what next infant up to 8 yrs and dogs.

Dogs cannot speak for themselves, and if they are in trouble how would we or anyone assiting at an accident know if they need help. But that is just my opinon, maybe we should just put a seat belt over the entire car and that way every one would be protected.