Thread: Nooz For Today!
View Single Post
Old 09-13-2004, 10:03 PM
FamilyCorner Senior Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Unfortunately, the news is that the troops from Ft. Bragg, where my son is stationed at. will more than likely be going back to Afghanistan and it will be soon.

We just had the Taste of Wayne County event...it is where alot of the restaurant present their food at one place, this year it was at the Officers Club at the base, and people are allowed to buy tickets as an entry fee of $10 and then you got to go in and sample all the food that was presented. Then the food from the restaurants was voted on and the restaurant that got the most votes for certain things was voted the best restaurant for the year. Example: Wilbers BBQ was voted Best Restaurant for Homecooked Meals for 2004.....best pizza restaurant, etc. The competion is fierce!!!

Our country fair is coming up Sept. 30-Oct.9 I am so excited about this!! Will post when I go to that.

Also coming in November is the Seymour Johnson AFB Open House and we have the Thunderbirds here this year.

The 18th of this month is Retirees day at the base. We will have lunch, speakers are going to be there explaining Tricare, AARP ( I have some questions about their not supporting some bills), special sales events at the BX and Commissary are going to be going on for us.