View Single Post
Old 06-29-2002, 10:56 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Baby Food

Just a thought on the baby food...depending on when your child starts solids the baby food you make now could be pretty old and even freezer burned by the time you need it. I guess it would depend on how soon you intend to start feeding your new baby anything besides formula or breast milk. Two of my children breastfed exclusively for almost a year before they started solids. When they did begin to eat I just minced up canteloupe, watermelon, bananas, vegetables, etc. or bought canned pumpkin, applesauce, yogurt, etc. for them. I did buy storebought baby food when it was on sale and I had coupons to use for travel, but mostly I just fed them "real people" food.
I have several books on OAMC but have a hard time following them because I seem to want to fix what I'm in the mood for, not what I already have listed on a menu. What works for our family is for me to cook 2 or 3 times a week and then we have leftovers in between (I do try to "be in the mood" for whatever is on special at the grocery that week!). Some husbands may object, but mine doesn't mind.
Just my 2c; hope it helps.