FamilyCorner.com Forums - View Single Post - Bath Fizzies, Crystals, Salts, etc....
View Single Post
Old 06-27-2002, 05:00 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Milk & Honey Bath

1 cup heavy cream
1/8 cup honey

Optional:

a few drops of rose fragrance oil or 1 drop rose otto
organic rose petals, fresh or dried

Gently warm cream over very low heat. If using rose petals, add to pot with cream, and once cream is warm, remove from heat, cover, and let stand 15 minutes, then strain and discard rose petals. Add honey and stir well to mix. Use immediately by pouring into tub as it fills. If desired, add rose otto or fragrance oil to tub.

Makes 1 bath

Dry Version

2 cups milk powder
1/4 cup honey powder
1/8 to 1/4 cup dried organic rose petals, whole, crushed or ground, optional
rose fragrance oil, optional

Mix dry ingredients together. Add fragrance oil if using and mix well (see note below). If using whole or crushed rose petals, package for indiviual baths (see message 2 in this thread). If using finely ground petals, then you can place in a jar or package for individual baths as you prefer. To use, add 1 individual bath package or up to 1/4 cup to tub as it fills.

Fragrance Oil Note:

I start with a few drops, then sniff after mixing. If the scent isn't strong enough, then I'll add a few more drops and mix. I generally work with 5 drop increments.

The best way I've found to add fragrance or essential oil into milk bath (or bath salts) is to place my dry ingredients into a large jar, add my fragrance or essential oil, screw on the lid, and shake until it feels like my arms are going to fall off. Rest 5 minutes and shake again!

Carol