View Single Post
Old 08-20-2004, 09:09 AM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

blushing I'm crying because I found a home for my Fibro

Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! You are all so wonderful to share your medical knowledge and self-helps with me. In the past I've avoided support groups and other people with chronic diseases because it was always my nature to try and help and with the fibro I have felt utterly helpless. I've read your profiles and I am so very grateful that I found you guys!

I've read through everything three times now and I'm finally going to print out because I want to share with my husband!

Elizabeth, I agree about letting things go and giving it back to God. Ihave felt for a long time that the "terrible" things that happened to me were somehow my fault, that I was being punished. I finally offered up a heartfelt prayer and said, "Thanks, but no thanks (LOL)" No I really was very respectful but I did say that if this was my "cross" to carry, then I would need extra help. I can't do it alone. It's a process, you know "line upon line, precept upon precept." Thank you so much for all the helps you have shared. wow, with your medical background, you are someone I will be listening to. I am going to look into a different mattress because I am finding that mine is causing alot of back and hip pain. What is the sheep skin? A blanket, a coverlet?

Janet, Val, thanks for all the great and friendly advice. You sound as if you've put together a really good combat plan and I am really listening! I love the analogy about the bull. It's perfect. Put that way, I can definitely put things in proper perspective. I am going to remember this one. I found that when I worked (Corporate Trainer), I used alot of analogies, examples and stories in my training programs. It's become my communication style. I use it with my kids and I find that it inspires me and helps me to "see the light." I am going in big letters and stick to walls "You are not your disease, you just live with one."

Lately, I have really felt that I was on the edge. The edge of what I wasn't too sure. My doc (Psychologist) says that I'm on the edge of a breakthrough, I have felt that I was on the edge of a breakdown. But, I'm remember a quote that is framed in my living room, "When you come to edge of all the light you have, and must take a step into the darkness of the unknown, believe that one of two things will happen. Either there will be something solid for you to stand on . . . or you will be taught how to fly."

And about that humor. I read an old Irish blessing years ago and have tried really hard to laugh at myself. (I used to be soooo serious!) "Blessed are those who laugh at themselves for they never cease to be amused." When I have to apoligize for my humanness I always tell people that I know I have friends in heaven, who have gathered around to watch me (Like a funny comedy) with a big bowl of popcorn and they are rolling with laughter - "Come, look at what cynthia's doing now! Oh my gosh, how funny!" I'm going to have some long talks when I see them again. Humor is tragedy plus time!

My FC Member Awards!
<hr height=3 color=green width=95%>

Curious?