View Single Post
Old 08-10-2004, 04:53 PM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

AWESOME NEWS ABOUT TOM!!

Wahoo! And thanks for your addy...Kay! I will get that card out tomorrow for you to pass on to him! THanks again.

Boggz and Coll....you and your families are in my prayers! Just keep us posted.

PRAISE ALERT Barb phoned me from the hospital. She is recovering very well and she is taking this opportunity to witness over there! Bless her heart! She said the doc came to talk with her this morning and said he couldn't understand it! Usually she is nauseated and sick for up to 3 days post surgery and today is day 1 post and NO nausea! He was also blown away because everything he knew from the symptoms she was having and the tests, most of that wasn't even there when he opened her up...he said it wasn't near as bad as he had thought it would be! He is totally STUNNED.... She, in her utmost blunt way, said "I'm not!" "Prayer.....people prayed for me! That's why!" So she has been witnessing all day so far! She has been up walking 3 times and before couldn't even CRAWL outta bed before the 3rd day! So she is doing well!!

Now, here is a prayer request. All of you who have been here since around January will know her, those who came after may have heard us talk about her or you have seen her own thread..."Stormy's Thread" under the Religion Forum. Well, I talked for quite a while with her today! Please continue to pray that God will restore her to good health and soon.
She had a rare type of cancer and the only way to rid one of it is to remove every THING that it touched. SO this cancer was up under her chin against her jaw on the left side. She had a couple of surgeries to cut out parts of nerves, muscle, bones etc. where ever they saw flecks of that cancer they had to cut or drill to remove it....to save her life! She had to have radiation (35+sessions) post surgery and that has caused her to loose sense of smell and taste. If she gets this cancer again she will -UNLESS A MIRACLE HAPPENS- more than likely not come out of it. They found some of the CA in her left ear so they had to drill in the canal near the drum. She is now deaf in that ear! They had to cut away pieces of nerves on the left side of her face, she can no longer blink automatically as we do, she smiles and only the right side moves, her left side is puffy and yet drooping and no movement in it. Much like a stroke patient. She has a severe case of vertigo now, she says at times she can be walking in the house and like thrown to the floor! So... the vertigo (technical term tenitis) is also causing her blurred vision which is causing nausea and then the bad pain in her face adds to all that! But the pain is good because doc says that means her facial nerves are slowly rebuilding/reconnecting themselves. They are going to do a surgery on the collapsed ear canal and see if it will give her hearing again. The most awesome thing about this is....her faith is stronger now than ever! She has not wavered from Christ at all and she praises him for how she looks and feels because she knows it is so much better than the alternative! She has even been making good some things from her life and so she feels God needed to take her down this path for those things that she is now making right! I praise God for her. I commend her for her faithfulness and spirit! She's my sis and I love her to death! Because of the severe vertigo and blurred vision, she cannot log on to FC and she is so disappointed about that. But she said when things smooth out a bit more, she will be back with her sisters in Christ!

She said to tell all who know her, Thank you for all your prayers and cards and she loves you all and during all those months of bedrest and pain, she was thinking of and praying for each of us! She said we're all in her heart! I need a kleenex!!!

Last edited by Lynette; 08-10-2004 at 06:52 PM.