View Single Post
Old 08-04-2004, 12:10 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

*sigh* What a rediculous woman. As I read that article, it gave me the impression that she was a member of a high school debate class and was given the assignment of writing a debate for the opposing side. You know, like maybe the debate is about flowers being beautiful. I think 90% of folks would agree that flowers are beautiful, but for the purpose of a debate, this woman had to write the opposing side. It was like she was just pulling for things to support her idea. Absurd.

It doesn't matter if you're a SAHM or a working mom, that woman's ideas made no sense. I'm fortunate to be a speech therapist in the school setting so I have the best of both worlds. I have to work full time, but all summer long I get to "pretend" to be a SAHM and I love it! I hate sending my babies off to daycare, but what's a mom to do? It's absurd to say that daycares can do a better job raising our kids?????

I think a mom needs to be supported no matter what her decision she makes!!! The fact is, there's always going to be women who get to stay home, women who have to stay home, women who get to work and women who have to work! They are all mothers and no mother's job is any less hard than any other!! And to say we are making it harder on society????? How absurd is that????? WHAT ELSE CAN WE FIND TO BLAME ON GOOD 'OL MOM?!

Sorry. When I was first pregnant I realized just how much pressure society puts on us Moms to be perfect and it's rediculous. If my child child has allergies it's because I drank milk in my first trimester. (or is it third? can't remember now) If my child has a birthmark it's because I was stressed while pregnant. (Old wive's tale....my grandmother reminded me for nine months). If my child has foot problems as a teenager it's because I bought him cheap shoes as a child. Etc, etc, etc. If my two year old has a tantrum in the middle of the mall it's because of my parenting!

I'm going to stop now.