View Single Post
Old 08-03-2004, 06:59 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Mom2-4 .

As Dh and I made a choice before we even got married that our kids would not be latch key kids. DH was. His Mom and Dad both worked and did not get home until after 6pm almost every night. I have never regretted my choice.
We live on a very tight budget. And I mean very tight. We brought home a grand total of 22,000.00 last year. We own both of our 10 year old cars. They are paid for. We are now building our own home. I scrimped and saved for that. But I have never had to go to work. Not that I wouldn't have I would have and still would if it was what I had to do.
I have nothing but respect for women who have to work or even just choose to work. I don't feel that being a SAHM is my job I feel it is my calling from God. He let me care for these two wonderful human being and it is my duty to make sure that they are the best that they can be.

Dh also changed diapers got up for late night feedings with me even though he didn't have to. He walked them for hours on end when they were teething, when they were sick. He has never missed a parent teacher meating or program. I asked him if he felt cheated that i got to stay home with them and he went to work. And he said where did I get such a crazy idea. He has never felt cheated.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.