View Single Post
Old 08-01-2004, 03:41 PM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

We have three cats, all rescue babies. Tobie, the oldest is 8, and we got him from the pound. We've had him for 7 1/2 years. We call him the salesman because when we were there at the pound he just acted so lovey and outgoing. Plus he is drop dead gorgeus a silver tabby British Shorthair. Well, we got him home and he immediately went under the bed and didn't come out for weeks. It took about a year for us to be able to hold him in our laps and to this day he will not let us stand and hold him. He also hates kids, and whenever we had neices or nephews around he would hide in the master bedroom and not come out until the coast was clear. We were worried when I became preganant, if by having this baby we were sentencing him to a life under the bed. Well, that has been 2 1/2 years ago, and I am happy to say my daughter is the only kid Tobie will tolerate. Whew!! The funny thing about him is he slobbers! Like a dog! If you have him on your lap and are petting him, he will purr to beat the band and when he leaves you will have a wet spot the size of a plate from him drooling.

Misty and Lucy were both kittens to feral mothers (we have quuite the feral cat population in our neighborhood). Misty is the fixer. Anybody cries or yells, she has to find out what the problem is. Even the dog, who she just tolerates, got her attention when she got a burr stuck in her pawpad. She gets right up in your face and kisses your chin. Lucy is the baby of our lot. She will be a year in September and our yellow lab Sunny thinks Lucy is her puppy. When Lucy was a baby-baby (we got her when she was about 2 weeks old) Sunny would lick her clean and try to have Lucy sleep with her. We always worried that Sunny would squish her, but to this day they sleep together and they are "best buddies."

We have a dog, but in truth I am a real cat person. I don't think I could be truly happy without a cat in my life.

Sarah